The Colorado State Shooting Association, a non-profit organization supported by membership fees and recognized by the National Rifle Association, has the following purpose and objectives:
- To promote social welfare and public safety, law, order, and national defense;
- To encourage the lawful ownership and use of firearms by citizens of good repute;
- To coordinate the program of the National Rifle Association in the State of Colorado;
- To promote hunter safety and hunter safety laws;
- To promote conservation of wildlife and other natural resources; and
- To coordinate efforts of all citizens, clubs and organizations in Colorado in their efforts to preserve the constitutional right to keep and bear arms.